There are so many reasons why one would want to change his Facebook name. It could be as a result of a change in status (getting married), it could be just to make ones nameless formal. All you just have to do in other to change name on Facebook is to follow the Facebook naming policy while changing or adding any name to your profile. Facebook expects its user to use the name they are called by every day, this particular may not be the one you use in an official situation. The step on how to change my name on Facebook or editing my name on Facebook is giving to you below. Plus, after the change of name on Facebook account, you can’t change on Facebook without the 60 days completing.
In addition to this, Facebook allows the use of multiple language characters; any kind of title; any kind of offensive and suggestive word; replacing name with words or phrase; symbols, repeated characters or punctuation, numbers, unusual capitalization etc. to write your name. As far as nothing is too ridiculous about what makes up your name. Facebook should allow you to change your name. However, once you change your name, you will not be able to change it again in the next 60 days. Here is how you can change name on Facebook both on desktop PC and the mobile platform.
How to Change Name On Facebook – On A Web Browser or Desktop PC
In other to change name on Facebook as a user there are some steps and process you need to take. Below is for users who want to make use of a web browser to get this done. In respective of what device you are using this can be done on a web browser.
- Go to www.facebook.com, sign in by entering your log in details if you are not logged in already. You should be taken to your Facebook account news feed,
- Click on the down arrow icon to the right of the question mark icon. A menu drops down;
- Click “settings”. You will be taken to your account settings page.
The first page you will be shown in your account settings will be your general account settings; here you can edit some of your account details like name, username, contact, ad account contact, temperature and your legacy contact settings or deactivate your account. We will only be discussing on the “Name” section only on how t change name on Facebook. Click on the “Name” link to change name on Facebook. The link expands and brings down a form containing your name.
Change Name on Facebook Setup
Click on the “First” text field to add or edit you’re your first name; tap on the “Middle” text field to add or edit your middle name; click “Last” to add or edit your last name. under the text fields is a message containing the Facebook naming terms and condition; click on “Learn More” to know more about their terms so that you don’t get locked out by Facebook because you changed your name.
If you have other names you want to add or change. Click the “add or change other names” link to do that. This link will take you to the “Details about You” page of your profile page “About” section. Click on “Review Change” button. A window pops up with a heading “Preview Your New Name”. Select how you want your name to appear on your profile, enter your password in the “password” field and click “Save Changes” to complete the process.
How to Change Name On Facebook – Facebook Mobile App
- Open the Facebook app; log in with your login details if you are not logged in. The app should show you your news feed.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the bottom right corner of the iPhone screen or the top-right corner of the android screen. A menu show up; tap “Settings” from the menu (iPhone only).
- Tap “Account Settings” to get to your account settings page.
- Click on “General” to see all your general settings. Tap “Name” to edit your name. You will be shown a form containing your name; tap on the “First Name”, “Middle Name” or “Last Name” fields on the page to edit your first name, middle name, and last name.
Tap “Review Change” once you are through. In the next screen, select how you want your name to be displayed by checking on of the display option you are given. Enter your password in the “Password” field and tap “Save Changes” to complete the process.