Facebook Notifications Settings – Get notification and Update
As of the first quarter of 2019, Facebook had 2.38 billion monthly active users, active users are those which have logged in to Facebook. Facebook users had surpassed one billion, making it the first online social media network ever to do so. Facebook notifications are updated about activity on Facebook.
You can’t off notifications entirely but can go to your notifications settings to change what you’re notified about and how you’re notified. Facebook notifications settings are very important because you could easily know about your account and all from this section. The types on notification deeps on the platform your using.
What Types of Notifications does Facebook Send?
This could be indifferent form desktop or mobile or both platform: Desktop and mobile
- Red alert notifications: notifications that appear above on the Facebook page. When you have a new notification, a red bubble will appear with the number of new notifications you’ve received. There are separate notifications for friend requests, messages and the rest of your notifications will appear over the globe or bell icon, click this icon at any time to view your notifications.
- Email notifications: notifications you receive via email.
- Push notifications: notifications that appear when you’re not actively using Facebook and help you re-engage with your friends.
Facebook Notifications Settings Desktop Only
- Pop-up notifications: notifications that pop up on your screen when you’re logged in to Facebook and a friend interacts with you (example: posts on your timeline). Click the notifications to see the story or click X to close the notification.
- Text Notifications: notifications you receive via mobile text messaging (SMS).
Note: for you to receive a mail or direct Facebook SMS you must provide a correct email address and mobile number when creating a Facebook account. However, you could also what you get notified about on your account.
How do I Manage Notifications on Facebook
You’ll automatically get notifications when people on your close friends list post to Facebook, but you can turn these notifications on or off with these following steps;
- Login into your Facebook on your desktop or mobile.
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- You have to click Notifications on the left column.
- Click on Facebook.
- Next to close friends’ activity, select On or off.
you could also edit some advanced notifications on your Facebook which make your account more safe and secure, Facebook notifications settings is very important for a Facebook account.