You may have been hearing people talking about the Food Stamp Program? This is a program in the United State. And also, a federal programs which provides food purchasing assistance, for low and no income in assisting the citizen in the country. The gone far in the country helping most of the citizen whose monthly income is not up to a standard particular percentage of the federal poverty line.
The program is still commonly known as the federal nutrition ad program that has been administered by the United States department agricultural (USDA).the food stamp program help in stretching your food budget and buy healthy foods. However, the name has been change to SNAP, because it’s entitle federal program. There are lot of benefit abide to the program which some of the benefits are distributed by the special department of the U.S states. Mine while some of the department is Department of Health and Human Service Division of Social Service.
How to Apply For the Food Stamp Program
As discussed earlier, the federal of the United States have changed the name to (SNAP). Applying for SNAP is very easy and simple. Where by each sates of the united designs their own SNAP application process, follow by the federal guidelines. You can apply at the Local SNAP office closer to you, or use the Mail or Fax their application. Mine while, most states has the online Application where by you can participate in their eligibility interviews, which can be done on the mobile devices.
Doing that, you need to provide your eligibility content which includes your identity, residency, immigration status, household composition, income and resources, lastly deductible expenses. Once you are able to provide that, an EBT (Electronic benefit transfer card) which has been loaded with once a month benefits. With the card you purchase goods at one of the retailer authorized to participate in the program. Note that the SNAP card can be used to purchase any kind of alcoholic drink or cigarette. Once you notice that the card income got exhausted contact the local SNAP office to report for the income goes up dramatically.
Food Stamp Eligibility | Income Allowed In Food Stamp
There are lot of things that are consider by the program before you will be eligible in the food stamp which include, Family-size, gross income made, resources and assets if you have any elderly or disable person, non- citizen, lastly employment status. The family size will help the SNAP program to calculate the maximum that can be received from the program.
There are minimum incomes expected to be made per size of the family.
- Family of 1. The gross minimum income allowed is $1,354 and the maximum food stamp benefits received is $194
- Family of 2. The gross minimum income allowed is $1,832 and the maximum benefits received is $355
- Family of 3. The gross minimum income allowed is $2,311 and the maximum benefits received is $504
- Family of 4. The gross minimum income allowed is $2,790 and the maximum benefits received is $646
- Family of 5. The gross minimum income allowed is $3,269 and the maximum benefits received is $768
- Family of 6. The gross minimum income allowed is $3,748 and the maximum benefits received is $921
- Family of 7. The gross minimum income allowed is $4,227 and the maximum benefits received is $1,018
- Family of 8. The gross minimum income allowed is $4,708 and the maximum benefits received is $1,164
- Family of 9. The gross minimum income allowed is $5,184 and the maximum benefits received is $1,310
There are still more income allowed which are not mentioned in the article. With all this you should be able to know what the food stamp program means and how to apply for it.