How can I add my Google Gmail account in iPhone Mail? On the contrary, iPhone especially all iOS devices have their own iOS email address which is known as iCloud Mail. But the fact is that aside from just the iCloud mail account sign in, Apple also integrate other email services provider like Gmail, Yahoo, and also AOL Mail where users can manage their various email account all the iCloud Mail app. However, in the article, we will show you how to add a Gmail account in iPhone using various processes or email servers like POP and IMAP.
Furthermore, the concept of how to add Gmail account in iPhone can be access on two step-authentication. Meaning, that you can use the two steps of verification provided below to add a Gmail account on the iPhone. However, the iPhone email services provider which is iCloud Mail also integrates a sign-in portal in which users can also sign in to iCloud Mail using various email services. However, the process requires adding your email account details to the iOS operating devices. Adding your Gmail account in iPhone apparently downloads all your information that includes your Gmail messages to be stored in the built-in Mail app.
How to Add Gmail Account in iPhone Mail with IMAP
In the meantime, IMAP is an email service that actually allows you to receive messages or emails. This is one of the options you can use to access your Gmail account in iPhone Mail. Hence, you can follow the instruction to add your Gmail account:
- Go to your iPhone settings and then click on Password & Accounts.
- Then, click Add Account and select the email services (Google).
- Enter your email address and account password.
- If you’re asked to provide a two-factor authentication you can do so.
- Then, you can use the Mail toggle to switch to the email you want to use.
However, the following step is similar to the section of adding another email account on Gmail. That’s one of the processes of adding a Gmail account on your iOS device. You can check the last option of adding an email to iCloud Mail.
Step to Access Gmail Email in iCloud Mail using POP
Keep in mind in other to add or access your Gmail account on iPhone mail using POP. It’s required that you go to the Gmail POP server setting to turn on the feature “Enable POP for Gmail. Afterward, you can go to the following step:
- Open the iPhone Settings app on your devices.
- Click, Passwords & Accounts to add your Gmail account.
- Then, click Add Account and also click Other.
- Next, click Add Mail Account to sign in your Gmail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, and Password.
- Click, Next and select the Setting POP.
- In the Incoming Mail Services, you can access the Gmail POP server settings.
- Fill out the following option that includes hostname, user name, and password.
- Likewise, in the Outgoing Mail Server, you can do the Same.
- Click Save and that select the Gmail account that you sign in to.
- Select the option smtp.gmail.com and lastly turn on the Use SSL.
In addition, in the Server Port text box, you can delete the number you see and then add another number (465) and click Done. However, you can choose to use any of the following options to add a Gmail account in the iPhone.