How can I change my Gmail account password? Most people don’t know their way around most of the setting on the platform. What most people do is to log in to their email account, check their new email and then log out. However, the concept of how to change Gmail password is practically important, because it helps to keep your account safe and secure from people that can guess the password to your email account. Hence whatever reason you have to learn how to change Gmail password, the procedures will be displayed in the article.
How to change Gmail password is a term used to indicate a certain change in your email account login credential which’s the Gmail password. The Gmail password is a secret code or character which allows you to enter your email account. When someone knows your account password, they can easily access your account and once they change your password you can’t access the account back. Therefore, it’s important you create a strong password of the special kind (uppercase, number, lowercase, number, characters, upper & lower case). Also, ensure that your password is very long and not too short.
How to Change Gmail Password Account
The Gmail password is a powerful tool because it allows you to access various Google service such as YouTube, Google Play store and also Gmail. However, whatever reason to change your password either for security reason or the other way around. This can be done across various platform such as:
How to Change Gmail Password on Android
- Open your Android phone and access the device settings
- You can then click on Google and also Google Account.
- Then click Security at the top of the page.
- Under the section of ‘signing into Google’ you can click Password
- you might require to sign in your account and then set up a new password.
How to Change Gmail Password on Computer
- Go to www.gmail.com and sign in your account.
- Click on the Setting section and click Signing in to Google.
- Select password and you might need to provide your sign in details.
- Create your new password and click Change password.
How to Change Gmail Password on iPhone & iPad
- With your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app.
- Click the three horizontal line select settings.
- Then click your account and Manage your account.
- Select personal info and under ‘Profile’ click password.
However, if you’re thinking of resetting your account password. From the login page, you can simply click Forgotten password and follow the on-screen instruction which will lead you to the section where you can provide the terms need to reset your password.
How to Protect your Gmail Account Password
On the contrary, changing your email account password isn’t enough. Even without your password, most of these scammers find alternative means to hack your account. which is more reason why you also need to use alternative security measure to protect your account.
- Use the provided security measure provided by Gmail which includes 2-step verification, turn on screen lock, add or update account recovery options.
- Ensure, the web browser, operating system, and the Gmail app is updated.
- Disable or disable any application that you knew as a crack file and also browser extension.
Most especially, you need to protect your account from suspicious messages and contents by spamming them. Also, keep in mind, create a unique and strong password provide a strong password but with the following, your account is even stronger.