Yahoo provides an email service to its customers which is web-based. They ensure that everyone who uses the yahoo mail service is safe and secure. What this means is that they try to ensure that no third party can have access to your emails. They have this feature which allows you to change yahoo password.
We all know that governments and hackers always try to gain unofficial access to emails. If you feel that your yahoo mail has been hacked or is accessed from another device, then you can change your password. To change yahoo password is easy. Once you feel you are watching just change your password with the steps which will outline here. Changing your Yahoo password locks out other users who have unauthorized access to your account.
Steps to Change Yahoo Password
To change your email password is not as hard it may sound. Changing your password will ensure the safety and security of your yahoo account. The first thing anyone who wants to change yahoo password needs to do is log in to yahoo mail. That’s the only way you will successfully change your password.
- Once you have logged in, click on the account profile and click on account setting.
- You will be taken to a page where you can carry out so many activities. Here you will see account security on the menu. Click on it.
- Here you can view your security and password recovery details. Click on the change password.
- This will take you to the change yahoo password page where you can change your password to improve security.
- Click on continue and you will be taken to the page where you can change your recovery email. If you are satisfied with your recovery email, click on ‘looks good’.
There is no limit to the number of times you can change your password. If you are not satisfied with your recovery email you can change it. If you do not want to change it click on ‘I’ll secure my account later’. Following the change yahoo password steps above ensure that you change your password without problems.
Tips to Make Your Yahoo Mail Password Secure
In recent times, there tools hackers and government use to gain access to your emails. Some might guess and be correct. Others might use brute force and then gain access. To prevent this, you will need a strong password.
When choosing a password it’s best you use alphanumeric passwords. What this means is that your password must be a mixture of alphabets and numbers. Also, do not use your date of birth or details that you use in your personal life. You can also write down your password in a secure place. Only you should have access to this place.