You might be wondering how this is possible to save video from Facebook. Maybe you might have stumbled upon many of your favorite music videos, tutorial videos, live videos, etc. on your Facebook newsfeed and you tried all options to save the Facebook video but you couldn’t. All you could do was to only watch them online and Boom! the videos are gone. No worries anymore. In this article, I will be showing you simple steps that will let you save a video from Facebook.
Over the years, Facebook has gotten millions of videos from its 2.2 billion users. It is now among the best platform to find important content. But the platform does not make it easy to save videos from Facebook. You just might want to watch it again or show it to a friend. Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to save or download videos from Facebook on your Newsfeed into your mobile device or PC and watch them again offline as much as you want to.
Now, here they are steps on how to save videos from Facebook into your Device;
How to Bookmark or Save a Video from Facebook?
Before I finally state how to download videos from Facebook. At times you might simply want to save a video from Facebook within the Facebook platform so you can easily access it anytime. Here are the steps on how to save videos from Facebook:
- Find the favourite video you want to save for later.
- Tap the three horizontal dots located at the top right hand of the post.
- Tap on Save Video.
To return to your Facebook saved videos, simply follow this step:
- When using a Computer, after signing to your Facebook account. Tap the Facebook icon at the left hand side of the window. Tap Watch and then Saved Videos. There you will see all your saved videos.
- When using a Mobile phone, after signing to your Facebook account. Tap the Hamburger menu which is the three horizontal lines. Then tap Saved. There you’ll also find all saved videos.
How to Download Video from Facebook to Your Android or iPhone Device?
To successfully download a video from Facebook, you will be needing a third-party app that will help you download videos from Facebook directly to your Phone’s Camera Roll. The Third-party app is needed because video downloads can be made with the Facebook app. I will be recommending a particular app called “Friendly for Facebook”. It is a Facebook video downloader that works better for both Android and iPhone users.
Friendly for Facebook is a unique app that does a lot of things. It is modified in a way that it contains features of Facebook and Messenger in just one single app. The most important thing is that it downloads and saves video to your Mobile device. Now, let’s kick off with the process:
- Install Friendly for Facebook app.
- Open the app and tap Add Account.
- Tap Facebook, if the app asks for the service you want to connect to.
- Log into your Facebook account using your usual Facebook ID/Username.
- When logged in, you can use Friendly for Facebook app instead of the official Facebook app. It works just exactly as the official app.
When you come across the video you want to save it from Facebook. Tap the cloud-like download button at the lower right corner to download it to your photos and video library of your device. There are cases that some videos that won’t bring out its downloading option except you watch it to an extent.
How to Download Video from Facebook to Your Computer?
The approach to download using your Computer is different from the Mobile device. However, third-party apps or websites are not recommended for computers. Most of them are not reliable and can contain malware or attempt to place a service charge.
Fortunately, simple workarounds can get this sorted out. Here are the steps:
- Locate the video you want to download.
- Start streaming the video online. Then right-click on the video and tap Show Video URL.
- Click on the video URL that appears, select the whole URL text and copy it.
- Open a new browser window, paste the copied URL text. Don’t Enter yet!
- Edit the “www.” With “mbasic.”
- Strike Enter so the new URL loads in the browser. Then, the video appears.
Stream the video online, then right-click on it and select “Save Video As”. Name the video and select Save. Then, you’ll have your favorite video saved to your computer.