The world we live in now is a technology trending age, day to day activities are been carried out with the use of different devices which carries out operations which they are designed for to perform.
MOBILE BANKING WITH THE USE OF USSD CODES FOR TRANSACTIONS IN DIFFERENT BANKS IN NIGERIA
One of these devices has highly improved the Banking sector. The Banking sector operations have been made easier to operate on a daily basis with the invention of different software mobile banking.
Mobile banking activities are carried out via different means be it your mobile device or pc with the use of different means. One of the very usable means is the use of USSD CODES on mobile lines in mobile devices.
Effect of USSD CODES On Mobile Banking
These USSD CODES are codes assigned to different banks in a country to help mobile banking. Transactions can be carried out with the use of these USSD CODES in mobile devices.
These Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) CODES are used to carry out different bank services such as to; pay bills, transfer funds, and other transactions. These transactions are very fast and secure.
The usage of these USSD CODES makes use of no internet bundle but simply the use of the network service provided by the mobile line in your device. Users can only carry out these transactions on mobile lines which they register with the bank account they are using.
Security Measures Of USSD CODES In Mobile Banking
When in use of these mobile banking USSD CODES in carrying out a transaction, the user will receive a One Time Password (OTP) to the mobile line which links with the bank account in use. Cases of the line not being available users have to go to the bank they are using and register a new line with their bank accounts.
Request for PIN CODES usually occurs when users dial these mobile banking USSD CODES before carrying out any transaction. This PIN serves as a security against fraudulent activities. This PIN is usually four or five digits, users are to set up their PIN on their first trial of the USSD CODES on their mobile device.
Users can carry out transactions as long as there is money on the mobile line. The least amount in Nigeria required to dial the USSD CODE to carry out any transaction is Ten Naira.
Nigeria Banks And Their Respective Mobile Banking USSD Codes
These are some banks in Nigeria and their respective mobile banking USSD CODES to access and make use of the mobile banking services;
- The USSD Code for Access Bank Mobile Banking to transfer money is *901#. Simply dial and follow the instructions thereafter.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Diamond Bank Mobile Banking is *710#.
- Transferring of money to any bank is by simply dialing *710*777*Recipient’s Account Number*Amount*PIN# for Diamond Bank Y’ello Account Holders.
- For Diamond Bank to Diamond Bank account money transfers, dial *710*710*Account Number*Amount*PIN#.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Ecobank Mobile Banking is *326#.
- It contains instant transfers, account balance, bill payments, mini-account statements and airtime purchase features.
- To transfer money from your Ecobank account, dial *326# and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The USSD Code to transfer money from Fidelity Bank is *770#.
- The maximum amount allowed to transfer per day is 20,000 Naira.
- Fidelity Bank USSD CODE transfer money to other banks is *770*Recipient’s Account Number*Amount#.
- The USSD Code to transfer money in the Mobile Banking for the First bank is *894#.
- To transfer money, dial *894#, a list of options will appear including Transfer money, Withdraw money and Make purchases, pay bills, buy airtime and manage an account.
- To make a transfer, type 1 and send. Simply follow the instructions after to make your transfer. Users can also use of First Bank Online platform.
First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
- The USSD Code for Mobile Banking to transfer money for FCMB is *389*214#.
- To use this USSD Code, users have to visit any FCMB branch close to them or call their customer care line which is 01-2798800 to get their PIN.
- To transfer money or any other transaction after getting your PIN, simply dial *389*214# and follow the instructions you see on the screen.
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
- The USSD Code to transfer money from Guaranty Trust Bank is *737# Which is also known as GTBank 737.
- The minimum transfer limit is 1,000 Naira and a daily transfer limit of 20,000 Naira.
- To transfer money using Mobile Banking from your GTBank account to another GTBank account, just dial *737*1*Amount*Recipient’s GTB Account Number#.
- To transfer money from your GTBank account to another Bank, use *737*2*Amount*Other Bank Account Number#. This can also be done in GT Internet Banking.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Heritage Bank Mobile is *322*030#.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Keystone Bank Mobile Banking is *322*082#.
- The USSD Code to Transfer Money for Skye Bank Mobile Banking is *833#.
- To transfer, all you need to do is dial *833# on your mobile phone and follow the instructions.
Stanbic IBTC Bank
- The Mobile USSD Code to Transfer Money for Stanbic IBTC Bank Mobile Banking is *909#.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Mobile Banking for Sterling Bank is *822#.
- To perform a transfer, simply dial *822# and follow the instructions.
- Every time users use the Sterling Bank USSD Code, the bank deducts an amount of Five Naira from their mobile line account.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for UBA Bank Mobile Banking is *919#.
- After dialing it, simply follow the on-screen instructions to make a transfer or any other transaction.
- The Mobile Banking USSD Code to transfer money from Union Bank is *389*032#.
- Dial and follow the instructions given, to complete your transaction.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Unity Bank Mobile Banking is *389*215#.
- To transfer money, just dial *389*215# and follow the instructions given.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Wema Bank Mobile Banking is *945#.
- To transfer money with Wema Bank, simply dial *945# A list of options will appear including Open Account, My Balance, Send Money, Buy Airtime and Cash-on-the-go, Pay Bills, Change PIN, Change Account, Link BVN, Card Control, Pay with Mobile, Receive Western Union and Generate OTP.
- To transfer Reply with “3”, you will then have to choose whether it is to a Wema Bank Account or other banks. Reply with the corresponding number and simply keep on following the instructions given.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Zenith Bank is *966#. This is not the same as the Mobile Banking in Zenith Bank Internet Banking.
- It also gives users access to open an account, check account balance, load recharge cards and transfer money.
- To transfer money from your Zenith Bank account to another, dial *966*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number# and follow the instructions given.