What can I do to keep my Facebook Account Secure
Despite the fact that Facebook happens to be one biggest social media platform things are bound to happen either by the users or the security system of the web. Under the aspect of internet security, more and more users are losing their Facebook account to hackers, or cyber attack. On the contrary, Facebook has announced to users learn how to secure their account in other to prevent loss of possession of their Facebook account. Therefore, in this article, we will show you how to secure Facebook account.
Currently, Facebook is the best social networking site and is one of the best mediums to connect with friends, family, colleagues all over the world. Most times the place can be an insecure platform due to the fact that some online hacker tries penetrating into people’s account thereby changing very profile setting and login credential of the users. Taking a step forward to secure your Facebook account is actually preventing and keeping your account safe from an online hackers or cyber-attacks.
Tips to Keep your Facebook Account Secure
If you’re considering or looking for help that can secure your Facebook account. Thankfully, there are amazing ways to securing your account. Here’s what you should do in other to secure Facebook account:
Protect your password:
- Never makes use of your Facebook password anywhere else online, and never share it with other people.
- Your password should be hard to guess, so don’t include your name or common words.
- Create a password that is actually complex by adding various characters and make it longer.
Never Share Your Login Information
- Take note of fake website because scammers can create a familiar website that looks like Facebook and ask you to login with your email and password.
- Always go through the website’s URL before you enter your login information. When in doubt, ensure you don’t enter your login details and type www.facebook.com into your browser to get to Facebook.
- Ensure you don’t forward emails from Facebook to other people, because they may have sensitive information about your account.
Watch out for Malicious Software
- Note that malicious software can cause damage to a computer, server or computer network.
- Take note of the sign when your computer or device is infected and remove malicious software.
- Ensure you update your web browser to the latest version and remove suspicious applications or browser add-ons
Never click suspicious links, even if they appear to come from a friend or a company you know
- This includes links on Facebook (example: on posts) or in emails.
- Keep in mind that Facebook will never ask you for your password in an email.
- If you see a suspicious link on Facebook, report to Facebook
Once you comply with the following tips be rest assured that your Facebook account is safe and secure. Therefore, so as to secure Facebook account use the above tips now.
Secure Facebook Account – Additional Ways to Secure your Facebook Account
Most ways you can also protect your account is ensuring that you log out of Facebook when you access your account on a public computer or share a computer with other peoples. If you forget you can simply log out remotely and ensure you don’t accept requests you don’t know. Above all, people now are creating a fake account to be friends with legitimate people and once you become friends with them turn to spam your timeline, tag you in posts and even send you malicious messages.