What can I do to keep my Facebook account secure? On the contrary, security is one of the biggest issues when it comes to the internet connection. Recent news suggests, that most people are vulnerable to attack their online accounts. Many people leave their Facebook account vulnerable to online scammers and cyberhackers. Secure my Facebook account is actually a term when trying to input extra security on your account. Moreover, securing your Facebook account is very important because it prevents any third-party such as hackers.
Facebook is one of the widest online social networking sites, with a large number of over 2.3 billion active users. I also had an issue concerning my account which was hacked, it took me two months to recover my account back from the hacker. Which made me decide to help people how are actually having issues concerning the security of their Facebook account. here are some of the tips I implemented and right now my account is well secure.
7 Tip on How to Secure your Facebook Account
Nowadays, lots of reports on account been hacked by scammers and also illegal access to people accounts they don’t have control over. However, implementing these 7 tips will help you secure your Facebook account from any threat or attack.
Protect your password:
- Never, use related passwords, you use on other platforms and don’t disclose your password to anyone.
- The password you’re meant to create should be hard for people to guess and easy for you to remember.
- Don’t use name or nickname to your password or even common words.
- Use the format to create a strong password, “uppercase, number, lowercase, characters, and lowercase.
- Don’t’ create a strong password, ensure your password is more than 9.
Never share your login information:
- Most scammers and hackers create a fake link or website and share them on Facebook. Make sure you don’t click on it.
- Also, ensure you don’t enter your email and password when asked to do so.
- Ensure you check the website URL before you can think of entering your account login details.
- Don’t forward any information concerning your Facebook details to anyone you know or don’t know.
Security on the computer:
- When logging into public or private computer, ensure you always log out.
- If you know you usually share your computer with people, don’t click Save Details.
Don’t accept anyhow friend request:
- Many people create fake accounts to deceive people and scam them of things. Learn more detail about them before expecting.
- If you don’t feel like accepting or don’t know them to accept their friend requests.
Other Alternative ways on How to Secure my Facebook account
Here are some of the ways in which you can also use to implement tighter security of your Facebook account.
Watch out for malicious software:
- Malicious software mostly causes infectious on your Computer network, and also your computer.
- Also, you need to be aware of the sign of an infected computer o device to that you can resolve them in other not to cause damage to your account.
- Ensure you update your web browser and always delete your history as well as browsing data.
Watch out for suspicious link:
- Just like I mention, most people share scam like especially porn video link while others use images.
- Also concerning your account email, Facebook will never send you messages to provide your password. In case you see an insecure message, ensure it’s deleted from your email.
Use Facebook extra security options:
- From the Facebook security setting features, you can set up special security measures such as
- Two-factor authentication
- Set an alert on unrecognized logins
- Select a certain number of people you trusted to get your account back when in exile.
However, one important tip you need to consider first before any other tip is the Facebook extra security option. This helps you to secure the entire account setting of your Facebook account.